Many of you have asked me what Bob’s memory issues are like. Most of the time, I can actually forget that Bob has any cognitive impairment. It’s tricky. He can seem to be “on the ball’ quite a bit of the time but then there are times that I am become painfully aware that things are off-kilter!
Here are some of his comments as he watched the news over the past few months:
- Some guy named Chuck Berry died but I’ve never heard of him.
- That prince Harry and that actress got married on a plane by the pope.
- Who is the Dalia Lama? Why doesn’t the news explain who he is as I have never heard of him?
- That OJ Simpson guy looks familiar but I can’t place him.
- I remember John McCain. I remember him coming back from his trip to Mars.
- What’s DACA? (Even after I have done my best to explain 20 times)
- What’s DNA? (Even after being a homicide detective)
- What an AR-15?
- Do I know who Barrio Logan is? (He thought it was a person but it’s a community in San Diego)
- A 99 year old doctor died and everyone is talking about him. Do I know who he is? (Billy Graham)
- Who’s Amelia Earhart? (I explained who she was) I probably haven’t heard of her because it was before I was born.
- A “hoarding” family had a fire. Was “hoarding” their last name?
- What’s cloning? I see that a man cloned his dog. Oh I get it; they dressed it up in clothes.
The world according to Bob with one “o” is an interesting place.